Thursday, September 11, 2008

Model Nearing Completion?

Today at my day job we met about the general model. We didn't change the model diagram at all! As for descriptive text, we just changed the last sentence of box #4 about Digital Persona. We think we're near the end of what we can do for the general model, unless some of you step up to provide some feedback and/or alternate thinking. Next we're going to start trying to use the model to describe various identity concepts, current architecture at my employer, desired identity architecture at my employer, etc. If for some reason it doesn't work, we may make adjustments to the model. If it does work, then that helps validate the model.

I wonder if more comments would be submitted if I allowed anonymous comments, so I just enabled anonymous comments. Please include some name in your comments so we can say things like, "Bill said ...".

I got permission to host telecons about the model, so let me know if you are interested in participating. That would provide a more interactive forum, and hopefully foster a more lively discussion.

1 comment:

Craig said...

I like the first 5 layers, I'm just not sure about the last 3. Personally I'm inclined to replace or encapsulate them with a single "Capabilities" layer.